July 2, 2008

Ch. 119 - A Map of My Life

I love that our God is so big and so small. He knows all the stars by name, as well as all our names. He knows all about us. Every little thing. He knows things about us that we don't even know. I've talked to people who believe that having an all-knowing God is scary. And condescending. And they want nothing to do with Him. They shut Him out, thinking that by doing so He will just... not be there. Not exist. But I love having an all-knowing God. It makes me feel safe. And I am comforted in knowing that by trusting Him, everything will be okay, because He has planned every step of my life. My God holds a map of my life in His hands. He unfolds that map and reveals it to me bit-by-bit. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


'The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.'
[Psalm 37:23-24, NKJV]

No comments: