July 10, 2008

Ch. 127 - More Changes

I have no problem staying up late to read a new book - or even one I've read before - and finishing the entire book.
But when I stay up late because I feel 'I need to read my Bible' I'm asleep within five minutes of opening my Bible.

I have no problem sitting down and planning out my coursework for the next year.
But when I sit down to write out prayer requests or a new journal entry, I find my mind wandering and I'm soon up and out, forgetting about what I sat down to do in the first place.

I have no problem dreaming and thinking about doing work all day every day in the future.
I have no problem dreaming and thinking about being a missionary overseas.
But when help is needed here locally, I find myself thinking that I've been dragged into work, and then I help out with a not so cheerful heart.

Not. cool.

What is wrong with me?

Honestly.

I need a change in attitude and heart, and I need it now.

I'd like to think that if my focus were on God and building up the Church and spreading His love, things would seem entirely different.

I'd have no problem reading my Bible regularly.
I'd have no problem staying focused and keeping up with the intercessory prayers.
I'd have no problem helping out whenever and wherever needed, and with a cheerful heart at that!


'Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the Lord. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.'
[Psalm 119:1-2]

......

Ch. 127, Part Two:

This week's memory verse:

'Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.'
[Ephesians 4:29]

No comments: