July 29, 2008

Ch. 146 - Like Water on a Duck

'When peace like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul.'

Horatio Spafford's It Is Well with My Soul is my favorite hymn. It provides a lot of comfort and, in a sense, gives me strength when I've fallen and am not doing too well. The past couple of weeks haven't been so great, but I've tried not to let that show. I had had a lot of anxious thoughts running through my mind and was really worrying about a few things. I'm not an anxious person by nature. Or a worrywart. I don't get nervous. I don't get stressed. But sometimes 'stuff' just starts to pile up on your shoulders and the weight can bend you over, transforming you into something or someone you're not. And that's not a good thing. Thankfully, by just realizing that you can give it all to God, you can straighten up and let it roll off your shoulders. So that's exactly what I did. And it is well with my soul.


'And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
[Philippians 4:7]

No comments: