July 26, 2008

Ch. 143 - Counting My Blessings

'For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him...'
[Philippians 1:29]

18. May 2010 Edit:

I'm pretty sure I've written down my thoughts on suffering for Christ before. I must say, however, that while every single believer may not suffer "for" Christ as greatly as He did for us, I think it's important to at least realize how greatly blessed we are because of His suffering. And if we truly care about what Jesus did before, during, and after His time on the cross, we need to take more seriously our commission and commitment to Him. We shouldn't be afraid to suffer for Christ. "For it has been granted to you..." Granted. Permitted as a right. A privilege. We should feel honored to be able to suffer for Him - because we believe on Him.

No comments: