July 25, 2008

Ch. 142 - The Reiteration

Last night I spent the night at Camp Hitaga, which is where the youth group has been spending their evenings after working so that they can have fellowship and worship - aspects of a 'normal' offsite mission trip experience, seeing how they're working in town this year. It was really nice to have that extra time with all the kids. I wish I had stuck with my initial decision to spend the night there again and not come home, but it's not a big deal.

Anyway, last night I decided to attend the Senior-Hi worship. Definitely a good choice. A few of the kids spoke, reading Scripture, reflection on the Scripture and the message. Glynn Roberts, who graduated this past spring, was one of the kids who spoke. Something he brought up was the fact that every time he goes on a mission trip, he grows in his faith immensely. However, he always wishes that he could grow like that every week of the year, not just the one or two weeks during each summer. And that his wanting to do so should prompt that change and the realization that it could truly happen.

That was really cool to hear. These past couple of months I've been doing a lot of thinking about that kind of thing. Growing in faith, I mean, and missions [naturally]. I'm basically going to be living one giant mission trip, eventually, and I know that I'm going to grow in my faith in ways that I have never experienced before. I can't wait. But I know going on missions isn't the only way one can grow in their faith and be ignited on fire for God. That's something I learned this past year and I will be able to carry this knowledge which I have come to acquire in the days to come.


'Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.'
[Psalm 73:23-26]

No comments: