December 22, 2008

Ch. 283 - The Realization, Revisited

I started this blog on January 17, 2008. However, I used journal entries for the first six posts [after the preface] and the first one I used was written on December 22, 2007 - one year ago from today. I remembered this and thought I would go back and read what was written and share my thoughts. I plan on doing this for each calendar day my original journal entries were written.

Let me now move forward to the actual commentary on that first journal entry, written December 22, 2007. I had titled my post 'The Realization' because it was of the time when I finally understood and realized how passionate about God I was. I also realized how much I needed and wanted to serve Him. How, exactly, this would happen (in a vocational sense, at least) I did not know - and even now, an entire year after this beautiful realization, I still do not know. Which is perfectly fine, in my opinion. I mean, I have a couple ideas of what I would like to do in the future, but nothing is set in stone and I am going to have to wait and see what God truly has in store for me.

Something else I also had realized was the fact that I had grown immensely during the past couple of months. I'm going to go ahead and rewrite a paragraph of that post, because I am at the same place now as I was then and feel the same about what I had written:

'My goodness, how I have grown. I love how no matter what, as life goes on, I will never stop learning. I will make more mistakes. I will cry. I will laugh. I will distance myself from Him. I will grow closer to Him. I will see the good in what has been deemed bad, and I will see the bad in what has been deemed good. I will have peace. I will have struggle.'

This is a truth.
It has always been a truth.
It will always be a truth.
This truth has good aspects to it.
This truth has bad aspects to it.
Such is life.
And I'm okay with that.
Because I know that God has given me this truth with His blessing and love.
And because He has given me an even greater truth in His Son, Jesus Christ, who is my Lord and Savior.

That, friends, is the greatest realization of all.

No comments: