December 29, 2008

Ch. 290 - Taking a Drive

The map of my life is unique.
It's mine.
It's special.
There are high points and low points.
Mountains. Valleys.
There are cold areas and warm areas.
Rocky plains. Sandy shores.
There are straight and narrow trails.
Focus. The Son.
There are curvy and broad paths.
Iniquity. Temptation.
Twists. Turns.
Resting points. Speed bursts.
Bridges. Tunnels.

Like I said.
Special.
And it does not end.
It keeps unfolding as I live my life.
I will never see the full map.
But that's alright.
I don't need to.
God is my navigator.
Passenger side, shades on, feet up.
Totally relaxed.
He knows what to say, what to do.
He knows where I'm supposed to be going.
Or more importantly, where we're going.

He tells me when to slow down.
When to pull out into crazy traffic.
He protects me.
He tells me when to exit onto the off-ramp.
He guides me through new routes.
Unfamiliar territory.
Uncharted.
It's always been there.
It's just taking the time to finally get from there to here.
One trip at a time.
One drive.
One step.


'Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.'
[Psalm 16:5-8]

No comments: