December 31, 2008

Ch. 292 - Cleaning Things Up

'Life is messy right now.'

A friend whom I hold dear to my heart said this today while we were chatting. It really hurt me to hear this. I can't bear it when I know things could be going better for my friends.

Now, I don't know the full story behind why my friend said this, but it appears to me as if this is the way life is for a lot of people I know right now. For believers and non-believers alike, things simply don't seem too great. They're getting into trouble and giving into temptation... they're having relational issues... their self-esteem and confidence levels are low... the list goes on, but one thing is for sure: they are hurting.

Straying away from God.
Running with the enemy.

They are in a rut.
And they are either trying to get out but can't seem to get a good foothold - or they are basically at the point of no return and are digging themselves into a deeper rut.

This scares me.
I am concerned.
I am worried.
I am saddened.
I am perturbed.

And I don't know what to do.
The only thing that comes to mind is to just give my concerns and sadness to God and pray about everything that's going on.
And pray about them.
Pray for them.
And pray.
And pray.
And pray.
And offer my ear to those whom would like to simply talk it out, perhaps.

I wish there were something more I could do. I would love for God to use me to help people, in any way He sees fit. However, He is the ultimate Healer and Peace-giver... not to mention the ultimate Janitor; He knows how to clean the messiest spills and accidents imaginable. He is our ultimate Everything.


'Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.'
[Psalm 103:2-5]

No comments: