December 23, 2008

Ch. 284 - An Encouragement

I love stories.
I always have, I always will.
I like all types of stories.
Sad stories. Happy stories.
Long stories. Short stories.
Complex stories. Simple stories.
I love stories.

I love stories that, while reading, make me pause.
I love stories that, while reading, make me think.
I love stories that, while reading, make me resolve.

I love stories that give me joy.
I love stories that give me answers.
I love stories that give me hope.

I love stories that make me give thanks.
I love stories that make me give praise.
I love stories that make me give myself-
- everything that I am -
in response.

The story of Jesus includes all this and more. From His birth to His temptation, from His first miracle to His crucifixion and resurrection, Jesus' story may be the best story of all time. It is certainly one of the most significant, even to those who are not believers. The best part is, it's everlasting and true. Jesus is not a legend or myth that will fade into non-existence as time marches on. His message lives. His morals live. His ethics live. He lives.


' "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city." '
[Revelation 22:12-14]

No comments: