March 10, 2008

Ch. 54 - Perfect Timing

I went over to the prayer room this evening instead of going to The Mount. InterVarsity hosts these 24/7 Prayers; for one week they open up their house's prayer room for 24 hours, trying to have someone in the room praying... 24/7. IV did this last term and I really enjoyed it. After the 24/7 week the prayer room is open during the day. I've been a couple times since then - definitely not enough. I had actually signed up for a slot last Friday, but had gone to SugarHouse Park with Katie and Darcy to run and didn't return until after my time. Oops! David called me earlier this afternoon asking if I wanted to sign up for a new slot and told me of open times; I really wanted to go that evening, so that's exactly what I did!

And you know what?

That single hour of prayer was exactly what I needed. For the past few weeks I had felt as if I was drowning - but that prayer time was the burst of energy I needed to resurface, as well as the first gulp of fresh air. Beautiful.

I'm so grateful.

I also wanted to mention how encouraging it was to see that my dear friend, Abbie, read the note that I had made out of Ch. Fifty-Three (which I posted on Facebook). She noted it was one of three God surprises in her weekend and I was just happy that she's turning back to Jesus.

God works in wonderful ways.

I'm running, Abba. Here I come.


'Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them - the Lord, who remains faithful forever.'
[Psalm 146:5-6]

No comments: