March 7, 2008

Ch. 52 - Restless

I can't sleep.

As has been the case for the past three weeks or so.

I have basically become nocturnal. I sleep during the day when I don't have class, and do all my work throughout the night and early morning. I mean, I do try to sleep at night... it just doesn't happen! I may sleep for an hour or so, but then I'll wake up and won't be able to fall asleep. It's not like I don't do anything during the day to make me tired. I'm going, going, going nowadays what with swimming and such. And now that the daylight hours are increasing and the temperatures are rising, I'm out walking or running more - which I've been looking forward to doing for a very long time now.

I think part of it all is that my mind is constantly stimulated; I have so many thoughts running through my head all the time. I don't mind, really, but at times it can be tiring. I really want to get back to normal sleeping patterns. Hopefully I can really focus on doing so next week during spring break.

...

Nothing has changed since the last chapter.

You know, I couldn't even pray today. I tried and I just sort of went afkdjsalrfoeawjfkdasl. I couldn't get my thoughts straight, I could barely even speak. Thus I wrote my prayers instead. Doing so helped a bit, but I still wasn't really there, if you know what I mean.

Discouraging.

But God will lift me up when the time is right.


'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.'
[Philippians 4:6]

No comments: