March 24, 2008

Ch. 69 - A Miracle?

My mom sent me some yarn and knitting needles in her last box. I had never taken an interest in knitting in the past, so I was surprised to find them in there. At the same time, I was excited. One of the reasons I had never shown interest in learning how to knit is that I knew how impatient I was. I didn't want to take the time to sit down and learn, because I knew I would be learning by making mistake after mistake. But I thought I'd give it a shot. I'd say I spent a good three hours learning how to do the cast-on stitch.

You know what?

Those three hours were spent in complete and utter patience and peace. I didn't furrow my brow in frustration. I didn't discard the needles in disgust. When things didn't go exactly as... planned... I simply started over - again and again and again and again.

So you'll have to forgive me when I say that I believe those eighteen stitches are the most beautiful stitches the world of knitting has ever known.

God really is teaching me patience.


'Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.'
[Romans 5:3]

No comments: