March 6, 2008

Ch. 51 - Standstill

Sometimes you come to a point in your life and you just stop. Right where you are, you come to a standstill. It's not like your entire life is put on hold; perhaps only a small part of your life is affected. You may or may not appreciate this pause in whatever aspect of your life, but regardless of your level of appreciation, it happens.

I'm at one of those standstills right now in regards to my faith journey.

Again.

I thought I had just started advancing from one of these standstills - only to come to a complete halt once more.

It's just wearing me down to nothing.

I'm tired.

I'm distant.

And not just from God - but from family and friends, too.

The worst is feeling far from God. I need Him so badly.

He is my Everything.

I'm at a loss, here. I don't know what to do anymore.

Heavenly Father, please help me.


'Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.'
[Psalm 42:5-6a]

No comments: