March 17, 2008

Ch. 62 - Drive Out Fear

I realized something today.

I am just like those kids in Matt's Sunday school class.

Here's a comparison for you.

Natalie:Ute-Nited as Youth:Sunday school

And honestly, any time that includes sharing my faith and beliefs can be substituted for Ute-Nited.

I always want to share. But do I? No.

It's been two and a half months since I've made the resolution to become more comfortable in sharing my faith with fellow believers and I am failing horribly in doing so.

What am I so afraid of?!

Sounding stupid?
I should be used to that.
Disagreement?
That is unavoidable.

I could go on for hours on certain topics; examples include:

Christianity versus Islam
The book of Revelation
Parable discussion
The idea of the Rapture
Spiritual gifts

But it's not like I'm going to sit down and say, "Okay, this is what we're talking about this time. No ifs, ands, or buts about it." I can't do that.

I really need to just step out of my comfort zone and force myself to speak up. Immerse myself in the Word. Pray.

I must say, though, that I thoroughly enjoy simply sitting and listening to what people say. I watch, I listen and I follow-up in my Bible. This is how I learn best, it seems.

'So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
[Hebrews 13:6]

No comments: