March 15, 2008

Ch. 60 - Sprin-g-Row

Spring. Grow.

At Cru this past Thursday the speaker, Rick, gave us a sheet to follow for spring break. For each of the nine days there is a theme, bible verses to read and possible activities corresponding to the theme. We were to ask nine people if we could pray about anything for them. We can take notes for each day if we'd like.

Today was the first day; the theme was serve. The Bible verses were Mark 10:42-45, 2 Corinthians 4:5 and Philippians 2:3-4. I decided to clean Darcy and Katie's room a bit... just some vacuuming (I love to vacuum, is that weird?), taking out of the trash and recycling, some light dusting (I also love dusting) and cleaning the tops of their desks and dressers. Oh! I also lint-rolled Darcy's black chair, because I love to lint roll as well.

Yes, I'm a freak.

Now that that's been confirmed, I must say that I love serving. You can serve in so many ways. There are many people who need a hand or two - why not offer yours? We are called to be the least by serving not only those who are the greatest, but also those who are considered the least.


'Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.'
[Philippians 2:3-4]

No comments: