September 16, 2008

Ch. 189 - The Dreams

Today in my SALT class my small group leader asked us a question. A simple question. A question with, technically, endless answers. But this question threw me for a loop and I had no idea how to answer it. I did some fast thinking and, when it was my turn, shared an answer that I was surprised to hear myself say.

"What are you guys' dreams?" (Yep. Definitely a Midwesterner.)

Hold up.

'Dreams? What are dreams?' No, just kidding. Honestly, though - I've never truly thought about it. I mean, God cut my first so-called dream for my life completely off this past year. And now I just have a couple of general ideas of what I think God wants to do with my life - but by no means have I ever considered those general ideas to be dreams. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that they could certainly be called dreams, because they both include passions of mine and would be ways of serving God, which is all I ultimately want to do.

Doing missions in the Middle East is a dream of mine. Letting Muslims know that there is something more out there than rituals and the fear of doing enough good deeds to be saved is definitely on my heart. It may or may not be part of God's plan for me, but that's alright. If it is indeed His will, He'll make it evident at one point or another. That was my more apparent 'dream' because I've been thinking about it for quite some time now.

The other dream that I shared was the dream that I realized I had as I was saying it. It's something that's always been on my mind, but I never considered it a dream. But it's something that's of a large enough magnitude that it could be considered a dream. I want to spread the true Gospel to Mormons in Utah. They have this twisted view of Christianity that simply isn't true. And it's not fair to anyone, really, to let them believe that they are saved, when they are not. There's already a movement starting in Salt Lake, right up at the University of Utah. Ute-Nited is definitely going to make a difference in a lot of people's lives, whether they are Mormon or not. It certainly made an impact on me. It - and the people that started it and were part of it - is one of the reasons why I'm here at Central this year.

My SALT group noted that we were all missions majors (or at least are for now...), but we had such different dreams from each other. It's interesting to see what God has placed on our hearts through the lives we've lived so far - and it'll be interesting to see what actually happens over the years, and what dreams will become reality for us.


'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.'
[Romans 8:28]

......

Ch. 189, Part Two:

This week's memory verse (for Thursday):

'This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written on it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.'
[Joshua 1:8]

No comments: