September 30, 2008

Ch. 204 - An Attack

I was attacked tonight.
No, I wasn't charged at or punched or kicked or slapped or even verbally attacked.
It was much worse than any of that could possibly be.

I was attacked by the enemy.
I don't know why, exactly.
But I do know that it was not a good time.

I've been heavily attacked a few times before - and tonight was, in comparison, no worse than before. In fact, it was considerably weaker than previous times. The only thing that differed was the fact that I do not feel close to God right now, whereas in the past I was extremely close to God when I was attacked.

I think it was just supposed to be one more thing to try and make me feel that I'm not close with Him. I already know and have said that I'm not. However, I'm now truly striving to work on it... and the fact that I'm walking back to the path I'm supposed to be on is upsetting to the enemy. But I'm not going to be brought down further by him. I'm tired of it. Besides, I have support in this, you know? I have help. I have love. I have prayer. And that's the best thing to have in this situation, I believe.


'And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.'
[1 Peter 5:10-11]

No comments: