September 26, 2008

Ch. 200 - A Divine Order

The only thing that's going through my head right now is how incredible it is that God truly has a plan for me. He has put every step I take into motion. He knows what is going to happen. I know I've been saying this pretty often lately, but it seems I can't wrap my mind around it. I mean, honestly. He does know what we're going to be doing. Where we'll be going. Who we'll be meeting.

And that gives me such a peace and comfort that it almost scares me.
I've said it before - I'm a planner. But I'm finally completely okay with the fact that God has the reins. My life is in the palm of His hand and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm one of those people who believe everything happens for a reason. Conversations. Failures. Accidents. Meetings. You go through trials for a reason. You go through joys for a reason. Everything is part of God's plan for you. It may take a very long time for you to see why something happened, but chances are you will understand eventually. God reveals things on His time, not ours.

God keeps us on our toes. Definitely a good thing. I can ask, "My God, where are you?" all I want, and keep thinking that He's hiding from me. But it's always the other way around. Thankfully, when I earnestly try to find Him, He reveals Himself almost instantly. As soon as He does this, He speaks to me with such beautiful words and gives me encouragement, strength and advice. Whether it's through sermons, people, music... He never fails. I usually hit the ground pretty hard and find myself at a very low point right before I find Him. But He lifts me up. I cannot give Him enough thanks and praise for all He has done, is doing and will do for Me.

I can only imagine what He has in store for my future. But I know that everything has been set out just so in His hand, so I have no reason to worry. Beautiful.


'Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.'
[Psalm 28:6-7]

No comments: