October 3, 2008

Ch. 207 - Mindset

I've realized that the more I believe the day is going to be good, it is.
The more I don't look forward to it or don't consciously believe it is going to be good, it isn't.

For, believe it or not, the first time in my life, I prayed on mornings this week to God that I would just be with Him and see and feel Him everywhere. That I would be able to grasp His joy and make it my own. I committed my life to him over and over again each day. I laid everything down. I gave Him my burdens. I kept thinking to myself, 'It's going to be a great day. I can't wait to see what happens. God is with me, God is with me.'

I hadn't had such good days since I've been here at Central. I'm not going to lie. And finally, I'm beginning to feel a change for the positive. I'm taking baby steps, but I'm walking towards God and I can't wait to be in His arms once again. I'm also opening His word more and I think that's making a big difference. I knew it would, but didn't really care until I hit that low. These things happen for a reason, that's for sure. Indeed, I now know what it's like to be where I was and I never want to be there again. I know what I have to do to stay away. To stay close to God. Everything we go through is a learning experience. God truly is our greatest Teacher.


'The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.'
[Psalm 145:18-19]

No comments: