October 14, 2008

Ch. 218 - Hold My Heart

'How long must I pray, must I pray to You?
How long must I wait, must I wait for You?
How long 'til I see Your face, see You shining through?
I'm on my knees, begging You to notice me.
I'm on my knees, Father will you turn to me?'
[Tenth Avenue North's Hold My Heart]

Today I logged onto my chat messenger and saw that a friend had left me a message that said 'Check out "Hold My Heart" by Tenth Avenue North.' I was like, 'Alright, why not?' So I did. As I listened to this song, tears started to stream down my face. The lyrics expressed exactly what I've been thinking and praying for the past... goodness... six, seven months? That's it, seven months. God definitely used this song to speak to me. It's like He was saying, "Hey, it's okay. I'm right here, and I hear you. I'm not going anywhere." Really great. But I also felt He was saying, "Turn to me and I shall turn to you. Notice me, and I shall notice you." I needed that. It was kind of a wake-up call, in a sense. God is good.


'He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.'
[Psalm 18:19]

No comments: