October 24, 2008

Ch. 228 - Hurt

Sometimes my heart hurts.
Sometimes my heart hurts a lot.
No, it's not heartburn.
No, it's not been broken.
It simply hurts.
It pounds in true, physical pain.
When I think of how many people don't know Jesus.
When I think of how many people are living in sin and don't repent.
When I think of how ridiculous I am and how amazing God is.

I don't know how to handle it.
But God does. And through prayer, reflection, more prayer, and His love and grace, I am healed. I have a better understanding of why it hurts. Why I have been put in this place that I call home, His world, created by Him for us. And then my heart doesn't hurt nearly so bad.
Thank You, Lord.


'He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.'
[Psalm 147:3-5]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

when we feel this burden God wants us to do the little or the bit we can and he'll bless the rest