October 8, 2008

Ch. 212 - We the People

A lot of people have been on my heart lately. People here. People from Iowa. People in Utah. It's like I can't stop thinking about them. I'm not one to worry a lot, but for some reason I am doing just that. And it's disconcerting to a small extent.

As I think about and pray for these people, I find myself contemplating their walks with God and imagining what He has in store for them. I think it's fascinating to think about what He can do with people. Think about the patriarchs of faith... the pagan worshipers who turned their lives over to God... people like Rahab. It blows my mind to see how He has used people over the years for the furthering of His kingdom. To reveal His glory through us. I still have a difficult time believing that He'd want to ever use me. Be with me. Love me.

But that's where faith comes in. I have to believe that He really does want me. That he really does love me. Because without that everyday belief, I am nothing. I would have no reason to be. And that's why I have faith.

Everyone that God has placed on my heart recently has shown me pieces of their faith in some way over the time I've known them. I have learned from each person. I have grown because of them. I am incredibly grateful for each individual and I praise God for creating them and putting them in my life.


'Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.'
[Ecclesiastes 4:9-12]

No comments: