October 13, 2008

Ch. 217 - A Thorough How-To

Sometimes I just wish that there was a step-by-step guide... manual... map... to my life. I could see where I'm supposed to be going, who I'm supposed to be interacting with, what I'm supposed to think, say and do. I could see how to live my entire life. Wouldn't that be grand?

I have no clue what I'm going to do. I go back and forth, back and forth between options. I can't just not have a plan anymore. I need a goal. An objective. A dream or two, at the very least - and I do. I even spoke of said dreams in a previous post. But I feel like that's not good enough.

And I want more than a gentle nudge in one direction or a faint whisper in my ear. God obviously doesn't understand that I don't operate that way. Oh, wait... He's the one who created me. Oops. I guess He does... hmph. You fooled me, God, that's for sure.

I'm still learning patience. Every time I think I've got it under my belt, I am proven wrong. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If patience is such a virtue (a 'particular moral excellence'), as the saying goes, I suppose there's no way that we can ever have it down pat after a year or two. That would be too easy.

But God knows what He's doing. And that is a comforting thought.


'May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.'
[2 Thessalonians 3:5]

No comments: