October 11, 2008

Ch. 215 - Skipping Around

I am not the same person here.

It's incredible how being around different people in a different place with a different atmosphere can affect you and the way you act and the way you speak.

... That sentence was ridiculous.

It's not that I'm not walking the talk any less here at home (I'm on fall break, by the way) than I do at school. But my focus/mindset/whatever doesn't seem to revolve around Him. I may be on break - but from school, not God. So I need to work on that.

I'm continuously working on slowing down, though. I truly think I'm getting better about doing so. I believe it's even easier to do so here at home because there are less distractions. I'm finding the joy and seeing the beauty in all things and people more and more, it seems.

I like that.
A lot.
I think it pleases God.

Is that too bold or prideful to say?


'And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God.'
[Philippians 1:9-11]

No comments: