February 26, 2008

Ch. 42 - Together

I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard that 'we' - believers - are the body of Christ.

Have you ever wondered what body part you would be? I've been doing some thinking about just that lately, and I've come to believe that I am the ears and feet of Christ. I listen. I want to go, travel to places that have not heard the Word. Perhaps the arms, too, or the hands - I like to reach out... do things... work with my hands: Build houses. Clean up. Give. I mean, that's what I want to do, after all. Work for God. Serve Him. Help His people.

And I finally know that it's not just what I want. Someone else is pulling me in that direction.

If we were to come together, work together... imagine what we could do. I get emotional every time I think about it. That doesn't happen often with me. I don't let my tears flow freely. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve. I do more so nowadays than before, but even still. By working together we will build up the body of Christ. People will come to know God like never before. Many people are meant to do great things, they just don't always know it. Things for others, for God. So take the first step, whatever it may be. I can't tell you. It's up to God. Trust in Him, have faith, and see what happens.


'... to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.'
[Ephesians 4:12-13]

No comments: