February 13, 2008

Ch. 28 - Following Him

As much as I want to take the lead again and do things my way, I can't. I won't. I finally realized a while ago that I have to follow God. And I want to follow God. Sometimes, though, I find myself pulling at the bit some, trying to hint that I want to go one way - but I usually find myself corrected and continue walking on the path I'm already on. The path God has chosen and put before me.

It's a lovely path, really, and I enjoy walking it. It's I've met wonderful people alongside the path, had some adventures (some while straying off the path, I must admit - you know, while taking those 'shortcuts'), seen a lot of God's beauty, and drawn closer to God each step of the way. What more could I ask for?

Following God makes life easy. It makes things simple. And trust me when I say I like my life simple. I also like the simple things in life. And it seems to me that now that I'm following God all the more, I see more of those simple things and am able to revel in the beauty of them all.

Perfect.


'When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." '
[John 8:12]

No comments: