February 22, 2008

Ch. 38 - 24 Prayers

Today was a full day of prayer. Once an hour, for twenty-four hours, I set ten minutes aside to pray. I've had such trouble sleeping these past few days, basically not sleeping at all, so I figured why not use those hours for something other than reading, doing homework, and running? So from 5:00 PM yesterday to 5:00 PM today, I prayed once an hour. I've done these days of prayer before, but it had never been as meaningful or beautiful. I didn't take as much time to listen to God so much as I took time to simply talk to Him, and that was okay. Truly okay.

God talks to me and helps me when I talk to Him, holding nothing back but technically not asking for anything specific, as He does when I do just that. He guides me through my own thoughts as I pray and I can feel my heart swell and beat with the Holy Spirit.

That's probably my favorite feeling in the world.

Followed up by the feeling of adrenaline racing through my veins - especially when going fast. That's right. Just... fast.]

Favorites, favorites, favorites. I could talk about favorite things, people, activities, foods, discussion topics, places... you name it... for hours.

It's just neat that as today has run its course, I've come to realize that this day of 24 prayers is going to become one of my favorite things to do. Lovely.


' "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." '
[Matthew 6:5-6]

I am a hypocrite.

No comments: