February 23, 2008

Ch. 39 - Letting Go

Last night Zach and I went on an adventure. I had tried to sleep - I felt so tired. I tried going to bed early, really worked on calming my mind down, even read an incredibly boring book - but, as has been the pattern for the past week and a half, I couldn't fall asleep. So I started calling around (it was only about 9:45 or so), but people were either already out and about or didn't answer. Then I called Zach and he wasn't doing anything, so I headed over. We hung out for a bit, he got on the topic of Jordan, and showed me some of the things he has that remind him of her. His second book that he made her, pictures, a teddy bear. Things like that. He wanted to get rid of some of it, so we went on a hike on a trail behind the HC and Benchmark to burn the book and some pictures. It was a pretty nice night. The trail was a bit slippery and the snow was deep here and there, but it was fun. It was his last good-bye, basically. Good for him.

It can be hard to do things like that. You have to realize that it's time to take action. You have to be ready. You have to know that it's time to move on.

That it's time to live again.

Without that dead weight on your shoulders.
Without worry.
Without stress.
Without everything from the past that holds you down.

But with a new hope in your heart.
With love.
With patience.
With the knowledge that God has you in His hands.

Give it all to God. Lay everything at the foot of the cross.

That's what I'm learning. And it's a great lesson. Last night reminded me of that.


' "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." '
[Matthew 11:28-30]

Yep. Rocking the Matthew, indeed.

1 comment:

Katie Pratt said...

Definitely :] Thanks for posting this.