February 28, 2008

Ch. 44 - Don't Give Up

Today was magnificent. I attribute it to running and working out at four in the morning - as has been the pattern for the pasts two weeks, but for some reason it was really super today - a really fun swing class, the warm weather, hanging out with the ever-lovely Kastin Frostl, receiving the box my parents sent me, and finally feeling close to God again. I simply felt happy all day. For the past few weeks I had felt like I had tripped and fallen, not able to pick myself back up. But today I did just that.

God reveals Himself to me at the most unexpected of times.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I had just sat down to read for a bit and let my Bible fall open; this psalm was the first entire psalm of the pages it fell to:


'The heavens declare the Glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his
hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display
knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.

In the heavens he has pitched a tent for
the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming
forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his
course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.

The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are
trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the Lord are sure
and altogether righteous.
They are much more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great
reward.

Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
Keep our servant also from willful
sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

May the words of my mouth and the
meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.'
[Psalm 19]

Perfect.

No comments: