February 17, 2008

Ch. 32 - Peace

Yesterday I made my final decision in regards to where I'll be next year.

I'm staying.

I know that's the second time I've said that (see Chapters 14 and 15...), but I truly mean it this time.

I had been praying about it for what seemed like years. I decided to make one last list of pros and cons for each school and such. I had done so in my head, but hadn't actually written them out. That helped. I prayed about it some more and I really think God wants me here for now. I sat down, thought about it a bit more, and simply said, "Yep. I'm staying here." Interestingly enough, I checked my e-mail a bit after that and found that I had been accepted to Central [Christian College of the Bible], which is where I had decided I would go if I were to transfer - upon acceptance, of course. You know, I can always get my master's in Biblical, religious, etc. studies or pursue a master's in Divinity. We'll see.

I really think this is the best thing to do. I will receive a very well-rounded education, mature a bit more, let my roots grow where I've planted them. There will come a time when I can start another adventure. But for now I want to continue to explore the unknown of this adventure I basically just started.

Peace is what I feel... finally. The whole ordeal was truly pressing and a weight on my shoulders. It was starting to consume me, in a sense. I would think about only that. I prayed about only that. I wasn't sleeping well - or at all, some nights - due to excess, racing thoughts and that ever-present feeling of worry. Worried about what, exactly, I don't even know. What I was potentially getting myself into? Leaving everyone and everything I've come to love and cherish? The list could go on, I suppose.

But that weight has been lifted and I'm worry-free.


'A heart at peace gives life to the body...'
[Proverbs 14:30]

No comments: