February 21, 2008

Ch. 37 - Touched

I've lost count of how many times God has touched my heart these past few months. I say only these past few months because never before them had I felt anything... from Him. As much as I don't like to admit it now, God simply was not in my life until the midpoint of last term. Why exactly then everything changed, I don't know. I don't care. Things started to happen, I started to become a different person. God was now a part of my life. And I couldn't be happier about it. Sure, I was raised in a Christian home with God-loving parents. I went to service. I taught Sunday school. I went on mission trips. I sang in the choir - well, when I felt like it, at least - and rang in the handbell choir (which I miss more than you can imagine). Wasn't very much interested in youth group at times, but still made appearances every now and then. My church in Iowa has a very large congregation. But I was known. I was liked. Loved. And I loved right back.

The only problem was, I was only following the second greatest commandment - not the first.

That's changed now. Praise God, that's changed.


'Jesus replied:" 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." '
[Matthew 22:37]

No comments: