August 3, 2008

Ch. 151 - A Fool's Thoughts

I've said it before. I judge people. I judge people a lot. But when I start to judge my own family, I think that's a sign that I've hit an absolute low. How dare I do such a thing? People I should be loving and embracing for who they are, I am putting down with my thoughts and trying to convince myself that I am better than they. But for what reasons could I be better? I have none. I should be serving them and encouraging them and building them up. If I want to be the very least, I have to place myself there and have that mindset.

Who am I to think that I don't have faults?
Who am I to think that I never say anything rude?
Who am I to think that I never disrespect my elders - or even my parents?

May God give me the strength to lay down my pride and to repent from my judging ways. There is only one Judge. And the day of judgment has yet to come.


' "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" '
[Matthew 7:1-3]

No comments: