August 2, 2008

Ch. 150 - Full Speed Ahead

'Into marvelous light I'm running,
out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross You are the truth,
You are the life, You are the way.

My dead heart now is beating,
my deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs,
now I'm free, now I'm free.

Lift my hands and spin around,
See the light that I have found.
Oh the marvelous light,
the marvelous light.'
[Marvelous Light]

This is, quite possibly, one of my favorite songs ever. It really speaks to me and I am able to connect to it because I believe a lot of it perfectly describes how I've come to know Christ and what has happened in my life since I've truly accepted Him into my heart.

A couple weeks ago I had written a post about receiving something I had been waiting for [see Chs. 136 and 137]. That 'something' was forgiveness. I know, I know: 'How can you be waiting for forgiveness? God forgives everything once you ask for it and expect that it will be given to you.' I don't know how to describe my thought process behind it, though. Just trust me when I say that I know when God has truly forgiven me for something. It's one of those 'things', you know? A feeling. A thought. A sense of humility like no other.

Anyway, while I was waiting for said forgiveness, I couldn't help but notice that I didn't feel quite right. I didn't feel alive in Christ... a terrible feeling. So the verse I have posted above ('my dead heart now is beating...') really represents that struggle I felt in my heart to connect with God and focus on Him while waiting for His forgiveness - and then the turnaround with His breath filling up my lungs, setting me free in His love, mercy and grace. I don't think the verse can only be about accepting Christ into your heart and being free in Him, which is a great thing. It is able to speak to all people and meet them where they are in life and in their walks with God. Beautiful.

I also appreciate the first part of the song that I posted ('by the cross you are the truth...').

' "Jesus answered, "I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." '
[John 14:6]

I have been on the other side of the fence and thus can tell you, with firsthand experience, that it couldn't be more true. If you think there's any way around it, you are wrong. That's a pretty opinionated and bold statement, but I agree with what Jesus said so strongly that there's no way I'd say or believe otherwise.

So yes, I am running into marvelous light... and I'm not slowing down anytime soon.


' "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." '
[Matthew 7:13-14]

No comments: