August 14, 2008

Ch. 162 - The Clock is Ticking

I haven't had a busy summer.
At all.
It's been really nice, I'm not going to lie.
But I can't wait to have a busy schedule again once I'm in school.
Classes.
Church.
Service projects.
Finding a semester ministry.
Hanging out.
It's all going to be there.
And I'm excited for it all.

However, what I'm most excited for is learning how to live a God-filled life. How to put Him into practice, you could say. You don't have to go to school to learn how. In fact, most people don't. But to have that extra background and such? A great opportunity, in my opinion. This summer hasn't been very God-filled on my part, and I've no one to blame but myself. I haven't been pursuing Him at all. I haven't been preparing for the upcoming year. I haven't tried to grow closer to Him. And I have definitely not felt quite right since I've come home. So I'm excited to be simply surrounded by believers again and really striving to know God better.

I kept saying to myself, "I need to set aside time for God." In reality, I had all the time in the world - and I knew I did! Terrible. I know that I may have to set personal time aside in the near future, but it's nice to know that things are sort of planned out for me in advance for general time with God.

This is going to be a great year.


' "I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." '
[Isaiah 42:8-9]

......

Ch. 162, Part Two:

This week's memory verse:

'Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?'
[1 Corinthians 3:16]

No comments: