August 5, 2008

Ch. 153 - One Step at a Time

Sometimes you need a bit of encouragement from someone you don't technically know that well - but sincerely love - in order to take that next step forward... or realize that the step you're already taking isn't quite as scary as you think it is.

God has ordered each step you take and He is with you on each and every one of those steps. That is such a comforting thought, is it not? I mean, even though I know that He has a plan for me, sometimes I don't think about all the steps and points of that plan. I spend so much time worrying about the future and trying to plan it out for myself that I don't take the time to think about the here and now - or hand the reins over to God and put my absolute trust in Him day after day after day. I can't just surrender myself to God every now and then and expect something to great to happen. I need to give my whole being to him without even thinking about doing so. If I want to be the ears, hands and feet of Christ I have to first give Him my heart.

This is what I learned today as God spoke to me through a woman whom He is doing some amazing things. I was at such a loss for words today as I was overcome with feelings of relief, gratitude and hope.

I still am.

A simple 'thank you' was all I could muster. Please accept a thousand thanks, Aunt Barbara. You touched me in more than one way today and I will truly treasure that short amount of time we had together for many years to come.


'Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.'
[Romans 12:1-2]

No comments: