August 30, 2008

Ch. 178 - Do Not Be Troubled

'Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED, but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with the gentleness and reverence; and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.'
[1 Peter 3:13-16, NASB]

11. August 2010 Edit:

It is so easy to pull out the pity card, playing the game as a supposed victim. Poor me, I am a Christian and everybody hates me because I am different [or at least supposed to be...]. I don't do this, I do that. I don't do that, I do this. I go here, I listen to this, I follow that, I am what they say I am - a goody two-shoes. Blah, blah, blah. We can't let others beat us down and then stay in the dirt. Turn the other cheek? Sure. But let them continue to believe that which is false and basically let them keep their preconceived notions? No! Prepare. Take heart, standing strong. Pray. Be guided. And let God use you. Be a blessing and be blessed. It may be difficult. It may hurt. But in the long run, they are the ones who will be hurting, when they find themselves eternally separated from God... when you could have been used in order to make a difference. When they ask their questions, when they challenge you, be ready! Be confident that the Lord is on your "side" and be reminded of the hope that you have in the freedom and grace that you have received.

1 comment:

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com. A commuinty of real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and change their lives. Blessings...