August 16, 2008

Ch. 164 - And So It Begins

I'm writing this from my room at Central Christian College of the Bible in Moberly, MO. I've settled in nicely and everything is pretty much a go. I don't start classes until Thursday. Central has a lot of things planned for the students before then, mostly for the benefit of getting to know our peers - as well as the faculty and staff - which is really nice.

Honestly though, I'm most excited for classes to begin. I mean, yes, I love meeting new people and making friends, but if that's what life is all about I wouldn't have left some of the best friends I've ever had in Salt Lake so that I could go to school here. I've decided that having friends while going to school is a benefit... however, a necessary benefit. Without friends you will not grow and flourish as nicely as you would if you have friends. They can definitely become like family and be a great support system. Besides, you never know which one of your friends will become your future husband or wife - which, yes, was mentioned last night at dinner by the president of Central.

Anyway.

I feel really comfortable here. This should be a great year. I know that God has some amazing things in store for not just myself, but all of the students at Central. I know I'm going to grow in so many ways, but I have no idea how that growth will occur... which makes it all the more exciting!


' "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." '
[Jeremiah 29:11-13]

That makes four.

No comments: