August 18, 2008

Ch. 166 - Wide Open Spaces

GOALS. Do you have any? No? Well, you and me both! If you answered yes, then I envy you. Setting goals is tough for me, for some unbeknownst reason. I've been here two and a half days and having goals has come up quite a few times. At times it was just blaring in my face, other times it was so subtle I barely noticed the topic had been breached. Honestly, though, I simply haven't thought about goals very often.

Thus, I'm trying to see what I can come up with goal-wise. There are the obvious goals that I'm sure most people think of, such as having a good life with a nice job or career. Being successful. Getting married and having a family. Of course, 'being successful' would depend on your definition of success. These said goals seem kind of cliché, but they work. I mean, I do want to have a good life. I do want to be successful. I do want to get married and have a family. But that's just skimming the surface, I think.

I believe God's throwing this at me because yes, it is important, and by setting goals I will be able to focus on what He wants me to do and where He wants me to be. What I want is to please Him. Serve Him. Love Him. And I want to serve others. Love others. Share God. What I want are the skills, courage, knowledge, leadership, and gifts to do so. I suppose if those are what I want then I will work, pray, ask, and strive for them. I know God will help me achieve my goals, which I'm sure will multiply as time goes on. Always learning...


'So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.'
[2 Corinthians 5:9]

No comments: